Saturday, September 26, 2015

Witch Fest, School Carnival and Book Club

 This year we kicked off the fall season this year with a trip to the witches with a little shopping at the boutiques and of course a treat from the good ole' candy and fudge store. This annual visit to Witch Fest at Gardner Village is one of our families favorite traditions.

It's one of my favorites times of the year, with the leaves changing colors, the crisp air in the evenings and the fallin' leaves on the ground. It's what fall is all about. But, on Friday September 25th it did not feel like fall weather. It was 93 degrees outside and blazing hot as we strolled through the village lookin' for witches.  We stopped by the little bakery and picked up some good ole' homemade cinnamon bread to take home with us. I love to make french toast using this bread every general conference weekend and I always pair it with my homemade cinnamon butter syrup. Yum! I can't wait to have a little splurge on my weight loss plan on that day!

My two girls

Allie and Mason 

My three kids
Mason 4, Naomi 5 months and Allie 6

A trip to the candy store 

Naomi, Brielle, Corbin, Mason, Allie and Tate 

Naomi just watching for witches

The kids feeding the ducks

Cousin Love

Fun afternoon visiting the witches


Allie's school had their school fundraising carnival that night that we took the kids to. They had fun things for the kids to do, jump houses, relay races, sport games, dunk'n booth and face painting. They enjoyed every moment of the night!


Allie playing the baseball game

Allie was excited about the prize she won

Mason playing the baseball game

Kickin' the soccer ball into the hole


Mason doing the potato sack relay


 Allie won the potato sack relay

Bouncin' in the bounce houses

After the school carnival, I went with my friends from my book club that I met in our the Valley Park 5th ward. I've known these girls for almost 5 years and I look forward to our girl nights every month.   Each month we take turns hosting book club, this month was my month. I thought it would be fun to go to dinner at the Soho Food Truck Park. (It's a parking lot location in Holladay, that has 4-5 food truck stands that contains all different kinds of foods). We leave the night with gut aches from laughing so hard with the funny stories that are told, secrets that are shared and the bonds that we have strengthen. I am so blessed to call them my friends. We spent a good 3 1/2 hours chatting the night away and left with smiles on our faces. I love these ladies, and cherish the times I get to spend with them.  



Liz Booth, Marcie Holder, Me, Julie Wheadon, Katie Smith and Tina Krivanec

Missing tonight: Emily Stanton, Steph Hock 

Moved: Lindsey Tanner and BreAnna Palmer 

No comments: