I started my weightless journey the moment I gave birth to Naomi. It was the first day in hospital that I committed myself to losing the weight that I had gained. I began by reducing the amount of carbs I ate, stopped eating dessert and counted my calories using the free fitness pal app. I lost the first 25 lbs and then I hit a plateau at the end of June. I was watching the show "Extreme weight loss" on TV and was motivated to start the weigh loss program that Chris Powell uses with his clients on that TV show. That night I ordered Chris Powell's book on my kindle through amazon called,
"Choose to Lose: The 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution".
I read the entire book in one night. I wrote out my goals,my to do lists and my shopping list of all the recommended foods and started following the program the very next morning. The success to his weight loss program is that you trick your body into burning calories and speeding up your metabolism by alternating days between low crabs and high carbs. So, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday's I eat a diet containing low cards (usually under 40 grams of carbs) Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday's I eat a high carb diet and on Saturday's I get a FREE day. Chris Powell uses his FREE day for Sunday. But,since Tim and I love to go out to dinner on the weekends, I chose to use my FREE day on Saturday's. Chris Powell adds that his clients are able to keep the weight off because this program allows you to eat like this for the rest of your life. It is not a DIET. It is a life style. Don't get me wrong, there are days that I (you) may crave a dessert, but I push those temptations away and tell myself, I can have it..but I need to wait till Saturday to have it, if I stay focused to my weight loss program. Since starting the 7 day carb cycle program I have since lost another 23 lbs(a total of 48 lbs). My goal is to lose another 30-35 lbs.
I continue to push forward little by little and I am still getting results. It would have been easy for me to give up. Say it wasn't worth it. Life was too stressful but those are just excuses. Feeling good, exercise and eating right is a lifelong journey and I need it for my health and the way I feel!!
We get up when we fall down. We listen to our bodies when we need to but we never stop giving it as much as we can. Health and self worth is a battle worth fighting every day for. I have felt the days I haven't done it and knew I needed it even more on those days. So if you have fallen off the wagon, fight to get back on. You may not know it but you inspire people. You allow them to set goals for themselves when they see you push forward despite the difficult times. You allow others to dream. Everyone's life is hard. You get to choose to pick yourself up and never quit fighting for the things that are so important to you. My journey has taught me that health, fitness, my family, helping others and my Savior is what brings me true happiness. Find what brings you happiness and never quit trying.
Here are a few "along the way" pictures.
| September 9,2015 |
No comments:
Post a Comment