Saturday, August 1, 2015

FroYo 5K Run

It's been great being able to run again. I am slowly getting my endurance back. At times I have a hard time believing that I ran a full marathon 26.2 miles just 3 years ago. I have a hard time running 3.1 miles right now. I know that it will take sometime to get to where I once was. It's been a bit discouraging and I try not to be so hard on myself but it's difficult to see where I once was to where I am now. I have signed myself up for a few fun 5K's this summer to help me stay on track. There was this 5K run called the FroYo that serves frozen yogurt at the end of the race. I knew my kids would get a kick out of that. It was a lot of fun, and the kids enjoyed cheering me on at the start and finish line. Allie and Mason kept saying how much they want to run with me next time.  I decided I would sign them both up for the color run at the end of August. It was be a ton of fun to have my kids with me for that 5K. It should be interesting to see how they do running 3.1 miles!

The FroYo gave us some cool swag. The backpacks and glasses were sure fun, in comparison with a t-shirt.
The cool finishing medal is always a plus! 
The swag gear they gave out was super awesome

Cheesecake yogurt with cookie dough topping

My cheer leading section

Finishers medal

My biggest Fans

No comments: