This year for Halloween, I decided to sign up to run a Haunted 5K run. Allie and Mason loved running the color run, so I knew they would love to run another 5K with their Halloween costumes on. It has been so fun having my kids at an age where they want to participate in races with me and I can't think of a better hobby to have and enjoy as a family, then running.
I had a Batman shirt from last years Halloween run, Allie already had her bat-woman costume and Mason had his costume from last year. so, the kids thought it was so fun to go as batman.
My good friend Stacie, who I have known since Kindergarten, ran with her two kids as well. She has been such a great friend, and my kids love her kids. She has a little boy named Ozzie, that is the same age as Mason, a little girl Berkley,who is 2 1/2 and she just had a baby girl named Marlee in July. It has been so fun staying so close to her all these years.
The race started in Orem at 9:30 am on Halloween day. It was super cold when we started, but the sun came up within the first mile. Allie ran the entire 5K. I was so impressed! She was by far the youngest runner, who ran the entire 5k. Mason was tired and decided to ride in the running stroller. That increased my load of pushing over 50lbs! Ha! We had a great time, and I'm already looking forward to running the half next year.
 |
| The swag from the Haunted 5K run |
 |
| The Bat runners: Allie, Mason and Myself |
 |
| The headman horseman kicked off the race |
 |
| Me and Stacie Stevens Anderson |
 |
| Tim and Naomi and JJ (Stacie's husband) and Marlee |
 |
| Allie and Ozzie after the run |
 |
| Stacie and I |
The 5k route was beautiful, they even had a tunnel and blow up Halloween decor along the parkway that we ran through. It was such a fun race. Stacie and I are determined to run the half marathon next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment