Thursday, October 29, 2015

Allie's Halloween Class Party


 I am the room mother for Allie's classroom. So, that would mean I am in charge of the class parties for the year. I had just a few moms who signed up to help volunteer but I was still needed a help with a few activities.  I asked my mom, who loves to dress up and be in the classroom, to help with one of the planned activities. I knew she would be awesome at ready spooky Halloween stories dressed as a witch. She was amazing and I couldn't have done it without her! We divided the class up into 4 different groups, and had 4 different stations which lasted 15 minutes each. The first activity was the candy corn bowling/ghost throwing game, ( which were both purchased through oriental trading) Then we did a skeleton q-tip craft and one station, pumpkin shaped cookie decorating at another, and lastly a Halloween story station where my mom read Halloween stories and passed out a rubber glove filled with candy.  My thought was to have a witches brew next to the cookie station. So, I went to the store the night before to get dry ice for the party. I woke up the next morning, after I had placed the dry ice in a cooler, and the dry ice was GONE! It had disintegrated! I was so bummed! My incredible and amazing husband ran to the store with both Mason and Naomi and got me some more right before the party.  
I put the dry ice and orange Shasta next to the cookie decorating. The kids loved the witches brew~  I wore a spider witch hat and apron that added to the occasion. It was a very successful party! I'm so grateful for the love and support I have from Tim, who watched Naomi while I could be a part of Allie's class party. I am so blessed to have such a loving and giving husband. And not to mention a awesome mom who came in and volunteered to be the witch for the party! How cool is she?

Allie and her friend Katelyn

Allie and her teacher, Mrs Hartle

My mom reading spooky Halloween stories 
The candy hand that my mom gave out that I made out of a latex glove stuffed with candy and a spider ring
The cookie decorating station

The skeleton craft station 


The skeleton craft made out of q-tips

The template I used for the head of the skeleton 

The candy corn bowling was a hit

No comments: