Monday, July 21, 2014

Landscaping at it's finest


We have been spending our time working on the exterior of the house, now that the interior is finished. Tim and I (mostly Tim) has been out there every weekend working hard to put in the landscape. We have been working on certain phases for each area of the house. The first thing was to dig a hole for the tramp and put the tramp into the ground. We got sprinklers in last week, and will be prepping the ground for the trees, bushes, shrubs and flowers this coming week...then on to the sod! I can hardly wait! I'll update this post once the entire thing is complete. Until then, here is what we have so far.


Before the hole
During the hole process
After 
Before Picture: The side view of the yard
                              
After Picture: The playground and patio

The next thing we built was this cool hammock area. Tim dug holes, put in posts and sealed it with cement. This is my little area of Oasis in the yard 
The hammock 

We built a playground area for the kids. Memorial week, we spent 24 hours building the playground. It seriously arrived in 1500 pieces and Tim and I spent a few hours each day putting the thing together! We added fabric weed barrier,which required hammering the fabric into the ground and then added rubber mulch for the ground cover. I loved how it turned out. The contrasting black mulch really added to the touch. The look I was going for indeed!


The Playground
 The third thing Tim built was the paver patio with fire pit on the side of our house! This was a long process, it required leveling, settling the ground, measuring, cutting the stone, laying the pieces together and sealing the cracks with a cement type grout. I must say, I'm very impressed with the quality of work Tim did on this! He amazes me!





 We planted ground cover and flowers through out the rock wall on the other side of the yard.
The rock stairs on the other side of the house
Next up; grass, trees, shrubs and flowers!


The day we got our grass put in

Look at all the that grass

Tim made a beautiful drinking fountain for the kids

Front landscape

Front porch

The beautiful statue that we got in St. George last year

Love the boxwoods that we had put in to beautify the yard

No comments: