
Tuesday December 2,2008 at 4:03 am I woke up to go to the bathroom, I immediately I felt a big gush...I screamed."Tim, I think my water just broke!" I have never seen Tim react so fast to something! He jumped out bed and said, "what do you need to do, it's ok..what do we do?" I said "let's call the doctor." I got on the phone and the message said if you think your water has just broke, please go to the medical center.
I think at that point, I was in shock! I was not due for another week and a half! And I was told at my last check up visit ( 3 days prior ) that I had not even come close to dilating! The next thing I know we have our bags packed, and I see Tim pacing the house trying to get dressed and pack a few of his items...off we went to the hospital. I never really felt any contractions.Thank goodness!! Just a lot of "GUSH". I was leaking uncontrollably.
We checked in and they immediately started IV's and monitoring Allie. I thought to myself we are going to have a baby today!! WOW!! How crazy was this!
We checked in and they immediately started IV's and monitoring Allie. I thought to myself we are going to have a baby today!! WOW!! How crazy was this!
By the time it was 7 am when they gave me an epidural and from 4 am to 2 PM they tried to induce my labor but I was not progressing. Allie was to far up in my rib cage! the doctors were unsure if she was ever going to come down. So, after being in labor for 8 hours and only being dilated to a 1 Dr.Foerer came in and said the best thing for me and the baby was to have a C-section! It didn't take long after that and the next thing I knew I was wheeled into the operating room!! Tim was by my side the entire time. I was pretty nervous to say the least. I mean I had spent my entire pregnancy watching the "baby story"seeing all the C-sections being done...but it's not the same when you are going through it. There are nurses and doctors everywhere! It was a strange feeling being able to hear them talk as they cut me open..but not being able to feel or see what they were doing! The whole procedure took about 45 minutes and out came Allie!! At 3:19 PM. Allie Clara Kehl was born. She weighed 7.6 lbs 20.5 inches. She had a ton of the most amazing black hair I have ever seen on a baby!!
I remembering just hearing her first cry!! It was so precious! I couldn't believe she was finally here! It was so crazy because the minute they pulled her out I could actually feel the sense of relief in my ribcage! The sensation was unbelievable! What was so neat was that Tim was able to hold her the entire time they were finishing up with the surgery. They placed little Allie in my arms and wheeled me into recovery! My family was anxiously waiting there to see her. It was such an awesome experience!
We stayed at the hospital for 4 days! It seemed like longer! It's been a week and 1 day now...and boy a lot has happened since coming home. Well, turns out when I was in the hospital the doctors gave me Benadyrl for the itchiness that was having to the pain medication every 4 hours..which I was never told that Benadyrl dries the production of milk... so for pretty much a week of Allie's life she was not getting the amount of milk she needed..because my milk never came in!! I ended up getting a yeast infection from the anti-botic they gave me while being in surgery..and an infection. So, I was a wreck...Allie was so hungry she was up every hour...wanting to eat for the first 3 nights!! When I finally was able to see a lactation specialist..I knew that breastfeeding was out the question..I had to get my baby fed!!
So, yesterday afternoon after giving her formula...she was so happy and was able to actually sleep from 2-3 hours!! She had a weight check up appointment today and gained 1/2 oz! I was so happy!!Each day gets better and better..I love being a MOM!! I love to watch Tim with her! He is an amazing husband and daddy!! Allie loves her daddy!!


1 comment:
Linds....She is so beautiful! I can't get over it! She is so sweet and I am so happy that you were finally able to get her fed! Doesn't matter how it's done as long as she is healthy and happy! Keep the pictures posting cause we are loving seeing her!
Post a Comment