On Saturday, July 9,2016, as a family we spent the day exploring Mirror Lake Highway. One of the things that I heard about was about a fairy forest that is filled with thousands of little fairy gardens. Since Allie and Mason spent all afternoon yesterday painting rocks for their fairy garden we thought this would be the place to put their garden! I was in awe of this place!! It was something out a fairy tale book.
This fairy forest up in the Uinta mountains did not disappoint. I can't get over the creative fairy gardens. It was so fun seeing how excited the kids were to explore and see thousands of these fairy gardens. { to find this fairy forest, you will drive up Mirror Lake Highway and just off mile marker 17 there is a pull off area to park, to the right is a trail that leads to a river. Once you cross the river you will be at the entrance of the massive fairy forest}
We ate dinner in Kamas at a little ma and pa diner called. Hi-Mountain Drug: They serve awesome hamburgers, hand-cut fries, and old-fashioned milkshakes. It is definitely worth a stop. I not a big fan of hamburgers but they are known for their hamburgers, so I got the jalapeƱo burger and it was AMAZING and a side spinach sale that was super yummy!!
We drove up to Provo River Falls and explored. These falls are beautiful. I can't believe I've lived in Utah most my life and have never seen them. The kids loved climbing down and to the falls and getting up close. It made me a little nervous watching them become so adventurous.
The best place to see the falls is between mile marker 23-24 in the parking lot overlook. You can walk down the trail to see the other 2 sections of the trail as well from here.
No comments:
Post a Comment