Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Bear Lake Trip 2016



Every since Tim and I have been together ( which is 9 years this year) we have spent a week in the Summer with his family up at his parents Bear Lake cabin. 

This is something Tim has been  doing since he was Mason's age, so it is a long time tradition in their family. Tim's family has 2 boats so we spend most our days out on the lake. 

This year was no different. Bear Lake is known for it's crystal blue water. It is one of the colder lakes, but the kids don't care one bit. They enjoyed tubing behind the boat, playing on the beach and taking boat rides throughout the lake. 

 We can't forget the famous bear lake raspberry shakes that we always end up getting, visitng the lighthouse, and just playing at the cabin.  

Also, one of my absolute favorite runs is running from the top of Garden City to the Bear Lake Marina each morning during sunrise. I love watching the sun rise as I make my early morning run to the marina. ( it is just over 4 miles) and I feel like I conquer the world after I get done. It is one of the best highlights of the entire week for me. ( other than spending quality time my family without TV and WIFI ) 

We had a great week in Bear Lake. 

Allie doing a cart wheel

Jumping for joy at the beach

Relaxing in a large giant watermelon

This little man loves the water, even chilly water at 68 degrees

Kambree and Allie

Six little ducks (girls)  all in a row

Boating  at Bear Lake

Mason jumping into the water from the back of the boat

Eating steak dinner is and has been a Kehl family tradition

The bear lake lighthouse

The lighthouse in Lake Town

Building sand castles with daddy

Mommy and Naomi

Allie and Ayla

Daddy and Naomi

Tubing at Bear Lake

Allie, Mason, Marissa and Ayla

The Beach Look

Me and the Mr.

Tim recreating our first Bear Lake Picture of him kissing me on the cheek on the beach

We love the water

Allie and Naomi

Relaxing on the raft

Mason on a large watermelon

On a giant Popcicle 

Naomi at 15 months old



Allie 

Mexican food for dinner

Mexican Food with cousins

My morning view running down from Garden City 


We didn't have much time to go exploring,  so we will be back for Labor Day, just Tim, I and the kids so we can explore the Minnetonka cave, the glacier, and Ice cave in Paris,Idaho.

No comments: