Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

Mother's Day  2016

The weekend of Mother's Day is always such a special weekend for me. It's been one of my favorite times of the year, ever since I was a little girl. I love this time of year, the smell of fresh beautiful lilacs and warmth of the sun, it's also the time to reflect on new beginnings and of course, motherhood. 

I've been so blessed to have a mother who has been by my side through the good times and bad. She is the one I call when I need to vent, cry to, express my fears to and the person I can call to just talk through things. She has always been my biggest supporter, my best friend and it's been so fun seeing her relationships with my kids now. She is that same way with her grand kids. She really is the best grandma, the fun grandma and the crafty grandma. 

Now, that I am older and have kids of my own, Mother's Day weekend has taken on a whole new meaning. It's the day my children show their love for me, and it's also days within my birthday, which makes it that more special. 
There are many times where I feel like I failed, but in the eyes, heart and mind of my children...I am super mom. I'm blessed beyond measure for these 3 beautiful children, who believe in me, even when I don't believe in myself. Happy Mother's Day to all you SUPER mom's! 





"Over the years, I learned so much from my mom. She taught me about the importance of home and history and family and tradition. She also taught me that aging need not mean narrowing the scope of your activities and interests or a diminution of the great pleasures to be had in the everyday." -Martha Stewart 



Tim took me out for my birthday the Friday before my birthday. We had planned to go to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving for a early picnic and then to see a movie. But, the weather did not cooperate with those plans. The last few days, it's been rainy and over cast...and it would have made for a miserbale picinic getting drenched on. So, we went to cheesecake factory and then to see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2." It was a great night. It's amazing what a date night does to a mother. It's refreshing, being away from all home and kid responsibilities and to be in the moment with just Tim and I. I always come home from a date night feeling renewed!

The turtle cheesecake from cheesecake factory.

Every year, the Saturday before Mother's Day, my sister and I take my mom out to get pedicures and lunch and go shopping for her Mother's Day present. It's always such a great time, spending time with them, without kids and a afternoon pampering ourselves as mothers. 

We went and had lunch at Plates and Palates, which is in Bountiful. They have the most amazing panini's and salads. But really everything ,,,,is really amazing. You can't go wrong with anything you order. It's so fresh and healthy! 
Getting pampered with Brooke, my sister, and my Mom

That night Tim took me and the kids out for a Mother's Day dinner at Desert Edge Brewery. This has always been one of my favorites. Tim and I have gone here for many of our special dinners. It's our restaurant. And I love that my kids enjoy going there too. We then took the kids to see the new Disney movie, "Jungle Book." It was good, but a little scary for most of the little kids. Mason was a little tense for parts of the movie, and Allie cried during one part of the movie, but all in all, it was a good movie.

Dinner at the Pub
At trolley square
Naomi and Daddy at Trolley Square after dinner

On Sunday, Mother's Day, the kids woke up really excited to surprise me with their gifts.  They ran into our room, wanting me to come into the kitchen, where they had blown up 20-30 balloons and had a bouquet of flowers and their gifts for me. Tim had taken them to the store to hand pick out a gift for me for Mother's Day. Mason had painted a wooden K for me, Allie had painted a wooden jewelry box and picked out a charm bracelet that said mom on it for me, she also had made me a picture at school for me for mother's day, which was so thoughtful.

Allie's note she made me
Mason painted me a K for my bedside table
My Mother's Day Flowers
Allie and her gifts she got me

That day we spent a few hours at Tim's parents house to celebrate Mother's Day..we had lunch and celebrated my birthday as well. That night my parents took all of us to the Spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square for a Mother's Day dinner. My siblings and all the cousins (minus sweet Hayes, who was with Savanna up at the hospital) came to celebrate. My dad's mom (my grandma Marylin) came for the celebration. 

Tim's parents house on Mother's Day
The family singing to me for my birthday
Blowing out my birthday brownies
The 15 of the 16 Tate grand kids on Mother's Day 
Grandma TT and the grand kids (Hayes not pictured)


No comments: