Monday, May 9, 2016

My 36th Birthday

On Monday, my birthday....my sweet husband and kids decorated the kitchen with more balloons, a ice cream cake and a home made birthday cards.  Tim always makes the most creative birthday cards, and they make me laugh.  They sang happy birthday to me at 7am and we dug into the ice cream cake for breakfast. (Yep, i'm that kind of mom)

Tim had gotten us tickets to see Carrie Underwood, which made me really excited! I love and may have a slight obsession with her. I can hardly wait to see her in concert.  And for the past 4 years Tim has also given me a birthday gift in a bottle. The first year was a bottle of dirt from the lot that he was going to build our new house on, the next year it was a baby in a bottle and we got pregnant that next month,last  year he gave me a picture of a hot tub, (that is still in the works on being installed) and this year the message in the bottle is shiplap. That's right. Tim is going to build and paint me a shiplap wall in our entry way. ( As seen in the show "fixer upper.") I've been wanting to shiplap one of my walls for a while now, so I can hardly wait!

The birthday cake and Carrie Underwood tickets

My message in a bottle gift 

Tim's card

The inside of the card


That morning I spent at my brothers house, tending his little babies...and then I took Noami home for nap, while Tim was working. On my way to take Mason to school, I got pulled over right in the neighborhood by his preschool. The speed limit was 35 and I was going 38 and I couldn't believe I wold get a ticket for that. But, when he asked for my licence, and saw today was my birthday..he let me go without a TICKET! Thank goodness...so while the other two kids were at school...my mom took me to lunch at "Brio." It was so nice to really have time alone with no kids, and to have a nice lunch with just my mom and I.  

That night Tim took the kids and I to eat Chinese food at the Dragon Diner. We then went and picked out the wood for the shiplap wall at the home depot. All in all, it was a great birthday!

 As I reflect back on these 36 years, I can't help but feel blessed. blessed to be married to an incredible man. He's everything I prayed, for so many year, but never knew I deserved. He can make me laugh like nobody else, he lifts me up when I fall down, & he loves me more than he loves himself. He is my anchor & he makes me a better person....Tim, thanks for making me feel so loved and so special. 💕 love you babe! 


No comments: