Friday, May 27, 2016

Donut Falls

Friday afternoon (while Tim was still at work) and I thought I would be brave and take all three kids by myself up Big Cottonwood Canyon to go hiking. It was a fun way to start the memorial weekend with a hike to see Donut falls. 

However, I did not realize the road was still closed of the winter, so we had to park at the bottom of the road and walk 1.2 miles up to the actual trail. It was quite the trek, but the kids did awesome. I carried Naomi in a baby borne carrier, which I did all last summer, but now she is getting heavier and it makes it a little more challenging. 
She also is at that stage, where now that she can walk, she prefers to walk instead of being carried...but she did great. The trail was pretty muddy, due to all the run off from the melted snow, and all the rain we have had this month...but we still had a great time. We also had the privilege to run right into a moose on the trail..which made for some cool pictures....

At the beginning of the trail head..with their walking sticks in hand


Allie had my phone to take pictures along the way


Right before we spotted the moose in the woods




The moose on the trail


A very cool sight


Only 20 feet away from the trail


At the edge of the water


Me and my little sidekick Naomi (13 months old)


Crossing the bridge on the trail 


Donut Falls


Crossing the slippery rocks was a little challenging


Allie is as adventurous as her mom ....

No comments: