Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Family Pictures 2015


I saw this quote the other day that read "Motherhood is not a competition to see who has the smartest kids, the cleanest house, the healthiest dinners, the nicest clothes...motherhood is YOUR journey with YOUR children"

What a great reminder... we don't need to compare ourselves to other moms. We need to compare ourselves to ourselves. 



So, the day has come to have our family pictures taken. It was a decision that I made a few months ago, when I decided to be happy for who I am and not for what I look like or when I reach a certain "weight." But, let's be totally honest, I think we all fear judgement from others, especially from other moms from time to time...and when I start to feel that way..I am reminded that this is my JOURNEY..with MY FAMILY. No one can take that away from me.
 We should choose to be around those that lift us up rather than tear us down.
Why? Because,that is who we become. We become the people we are most around, and I love that I spend most my time with these 4. ( Tim, Allie, Mason and Naomi)  They love me for who I am, who I want to be and who I will become. They have unconditional love. These 4 love me despite my weaknesses, and my faults. I choose my family.  I am so blessed to be married to such an incredible husband who is the best example of this. He lifts me up, when I fall and builds me up when I need help.  I love this man and the family we have created. 

The love of my life


The photographer did an amazing job capturing the different personality of my three beautiful children. 


Allie: 6 years old

Those beautiful green eyes

A ray of sunshine. 

My spunky little boy

Mason: 4 years old

My gifts from Heaven

Naomi, Allie and Mason
2015

My little buddy Mason

My energetic Naomi 

Naomi: 6 months old

Naomi the happy, easy going baby
That grin: Priceless!


No comments: