We put our house up for sale at the beginning of May. Just 21 days and 6 showings later our HOME sold!
Here is how it all went down:
On Wednesday May 22nd, we got a call from a Realtor wanting to show the house at 5:30 PM- 6:30 PM, with the next hour...Tim had received an offer via email. The Realtor sent Tim an email saying his client was refreshed with the cleanliness of our home after going through so many homes. He told Tim, the home was beautiful and well kept and his client wanted to make an offer. We were not able to open the attachment for the offer on the email that night, so we had to wait until the following morning to see what the offer was. I must say, I could hardly sleep. The following morning, we received the offer. It was for 7,000 less than what we were offer with us paying closing costs. She wanted the washer, dyer, refrigerator and the light fixture from our kitchen that we excluded in the listing. We didn't think that was something we wanted to do. So, we decided to make a counter offer. We agreed to meet her half way on the price of the home with her paying the half of her closing costs, we told her she could have the refrigerator but not the light fixture, washer or dyer! She accepted with the condition of wanting to move in 30 days from the contract date. Tim countered the offer asking for a extension on the 30 days, since we were heading out of town for most of June. Her Realtor told Tim, his client needed to move in at the end of June to avoid having to pay another month's rent in her apartment. We prayed about and felt this was a offer that was too good to pass up! We signed the acceptance letter on Saturday.
When I finally was able to sit back and realize what had just happened, I started to cry. I was crying at the fact, that I would only have a few days left in this HOME! I was crying to see this chapter of our lives end. It hit me hard, I haven't had much time to digest the whole thing. It happened so fast, and I don't think I was prepared to be packing up my house within a matter of days!
Just for the record: I have moved A LOT in my life, but this time it is one of the hardest move I will ever make. It is hard to leave here. It was Tim and I's first home! We have spent many days decorating, remolding, gardening, and making this our home. It was the home I brought my two kids home from the hospital in, the home where they learned to crawl and walk! It will always hold a place in my heart.
This house will become a memory, and for Mason it may not be even that! He'll never remember this house! He'll have pictures, but he will never truly have a memory of us living here.
I thought that it could possibly take a few months, since we had priced the house higher, just to ensure we were selling it for the price we wanted. I really was shocked that we had an offer by the 3rd showing!
If I had to put it into words: I'm stressed, I'm scared, I'm overwhelmed, I'm worried, I'm happy and yet excited. It's hard for me to put it all into words. I started to pack today, because we only have a few weeks left and we are heading to California on June 14-22nd. We come home and we will only have a few days before we close on the house. It's Unbelievable!! We will be moving into Tim's parents basement. We figured it would be a great location, close to where we are now, and we can be around Allie and Mason's school, as well as Tim's work. It also makes it nice, since their basement has 3 bedrooms, a bathroom, a full kitchen and a family room. So, you might be wondering where we plan on storing everything. Well, My little brother, who built a home gave us a great tip on storing our stuff. He suggested to us to use a Trailer Company that drops off a 40ft. Trailer. We will load and keep all of the stuff in the trailer at their facility and then when we are ready to move to our new home, they will drive the trailer to our new home. I loved that idea! That way we don't have to move twice! We don't have to rent a moving truck or a storage unit. I thought this would be the most efficient way to move.
Here are a few pictures of our home, here on Level Drive.
![]() |
| Allie's Bedroom |
| Mason's Bedroom |
![]() |
| Kichen |
![]() |
| Main Bathroom |
![]() |
| Master Bathroom |
![]() |
| Back Patio |
![]() |
| Shed |
![]() |
| Firepit |
![]() |
| Backyard |
![]() |
| Basement Bathroom |
![]() |
| Master Bedroom |
![]() |
| Family Room |
| Living Room |
.jpeg)
.jpeg)










No comments:
Post a Comment