Sunday, May 27, 2012

Allie gets her tonsils out!

Mommy and Allie at Build a Bear

Tangled Pink
Allie and Tim's mom ( Clara) at Build a Bear!
Allie picking out clothes for her bear

Allie and I washing her bear

Allie loves the washing station at Build a Bear

At the waiting room at Primary Children's Medical Center

Allie was not a fan of putting on the hospital clothes!

After she had no problem, she was excited to play with more toys in the surgery waiting room


Allie was given this doll to decorate while she waited for the doctor

Mommy and Allie right before she went into surgery

After she had the meds, she got right into the wagon to head off to surgery

Allie with her comfort blankie heading into the operating room

Taken right after Surgery! It was a success!
On Friday May 25, 2012, Allie had her tonsils out at Primary Children's Medical Center. The day before surgery we had an Allie day! She had a ton of fun things to do. Tim's Mom ,Clara, took Allie to Build a Bear to pick out a bear for her first surgery gift, which she has done for all her grandchildren.  Allie was so excited to pick out a pink bear and she found a Tangled princess dress to put on her bear.  She named her bear "Tangled Pink" and it has been attached to her ever since.  My mom also stopped by with a bag of books, activity books and a teddy bear for Allie.  Then Mason, Allie and I went to see the movie "The Lorax" with my great friend, Marin and her two kids.
On Friday morning, we dropped Mason off at Tim's parents house.  Allie wanted to know where we were going. I told her we were going to go pick out a princess toy and head up to a building to play with the kids. ( I was hesitate on wanting to tell her we were going to the hospital.) We took her to the store on our way up to Primary's to pick out a toy to play with at the hospital as we waited. When we got to Primary's, she was not familiar with the hospital, so she went straight to the waiting room and played with all the fun toys! She didn't know it was a hosptial, and It wasn't until we were back in the hospital room, having to change into the hospital PJ's that she started to panic. She did not want to take off her clothes and she was not happy that she had to wear the hospital PJ's.  Finally, after some begging she put them on and we headed to the surgery waiting room. She was given a doll to decorate to distract her from thinking about where she was.  They then gave her some medicine to calm her, and it also makes her not remember what is going on. It worked like a charm, she got right into the wagon and was smiling. She then asked, " Where are we going?" This is when it started to break my heart, and I got tears in my eyes as I watched her get wheeled off with the doctor.  The surgery was only 25 minutes and they said she did great.  The doctor came out to tell us she did great, he also mentioned that her adenoids were super big and was surprised at how big they were. ( And that is coming from a doctor who does this on a daily basis! )She woke up and  I was at her bedside when she woke up from the surgery! She had a hard time talking, and when she did talk her voice sounded like one of the chipmunks. It was so cute.  She had to be monitored for 6 hours at the hospital before we were able to take her home. She is so brave, and I am so proud of her. She is now home recovering. She still has a hard time drinking or eating. She still has a chipmunk voice and probably will for the next month.  I am blessed to be her mom and I am so proud of her.  Oh, how I love my little girl so much!

No comments: