Monday, September 19, 2016

Bells Canyon and Battle Creek Falls

Now, that school has officially started....I seem to have a lot more time to get things done. I decided that I would take these next few months and really spend my mornings outside enjoying the warm weather. So, after getting the two older kids off to school, Naomi and I head off to the mountains to go hiking a few times a week.



I strap on my "Kelty" hiking backpack for Naomi to ride on mu back and away we go. It is something freeing about being away in the mountains with just yourself and of course my little one, who is not yet talking but makes noises and points as we go along. It has been such a great experience to share these moments with her. I know I will forever hold these little moments with me forever!

We hiked up to Battle Creek Falls, located in Pleasant Grove, Utah. It is a short hike up to a beautiful waterfall. 









The following week I took Naomi up to Bells Canyon. This hike runs up Bell Canyon, past a scenic reservoir, and up to a beautiful waterfall. Along the way you get majestic views of the Salt Lake Valley.
The canyon is located on the east side of the valley, above Sandy, just off of Wasatch Blvd. Wildlife is commonly seen along this trail, including mountain goats in rocky areas. The leaves had started to change colors and it was beautiful. We spent a half hour or so feeding the ducks up at the beautiful reservoir. 













No comments: