Friday, April 10, 2015

Naomi Christine

On Friday, April 10th at 5:30 am, Tim and I woke up and got ready to head to the IMC Hospital in Murray, Utah. My mom ( Christine) came to our house to watch Allie and Mason while Tim and I were at the hospital. I was the first scheduled C-section of that day at 7:30am. I arrived and checked into Labor and Delivery. Moments later we were in a room, getting hooked up to an IV and dressed for the OR. I met with the anesthesiologist first, and I felt good about him performing the spinal block epidural. I have been very nervous about it, since last time with Mason, the anesthesiologist wasn't able to get it in right and I ended up with a horrible epidural headache, which required a blood patch several days after I came home from the hospital. He said, he would do all that he could to ensure that would not happen again. Dr, Froerer came in around 7:15 AM and said, "Let's do this!' That is when it got real. Tim got dressed in his all white jump suit, ready to be there in the OR with me. Then we headed backed to the OR. I sat on the operating table and got my epidural placed in. That was probably the most uncomfortable and most painful part.  It felt like eternity bending over with a huge pregnant belly, holding as still as possible for the needle to go in.

Next, they laid me down, and started the procedure. One of the things that I remember so well from the previous C-sections is the feeling of unbearable weight on my chest. This time around I told the anesthesiologist and I asked if I could prop my head up so that I could get relief from that feeling. He was so accommodating. He placed two pillows under my head, and once that happened, I didn't have that feeling. It was such a relief. Not more than 8-10 minutes later I could hear Dr. Froerer say there's her shoulder. I then asked, "Is she out?" I don't hear crying. They said, "She's out!" I kept thinking and saying, "I don't hear crying, is everything ok?"  Dr. Froerer said, she crying.  I faintly heard a whimper cry like a little bird. Right then, I knew. She is OK!




Getting cleaned after she came out
Moments after she came out

Naomi Christine was born at 8:03 AM. She weighed in at 7 lbs 12 oz and 20 inches long . She came out beautiful as ever!  I was able to have skin to skin contact with her within 5 minutes of her being born. This is something that wasn't available or offered to mom's with c-sections until the week prior to my delivery. I never had that with my two other kids. I loved every moment of her on my chest. It was a memorable moment for Tim and I.
Skin to Skin contact 

She was placed on my chest as I was wheeled back to my recovery room. I was able to feed her right then. It was such a special moment of being with just her and Tim.


Naomi Christine 7 lbs 12 oz
Just the three of us
Lindsay (34) Tim (40) and Naomi
Just me and my baby girl, Naomi
In the recovery room
Feeding Naomi for the first time
My mom showed up within 30 minutes with Allie and Mason. They got to hold her within the first hour, which was so cool. The first picture was captured of the two meeting their sister for the first time.
The first moment the three of them met
My mom Christine, who Naomi is named after





No comments: