Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekday FUN

During the week, I try to plan fun things that the kids and I can do together. I want tour family to look back on this time in our lives to remember the fun memories we have created together. Since, the kids have preschool Monday (Allie Only) , Tuesday, and Thursday and Allie has dance class Wednesday mornings; I try to plan something fun for us to do on Wednesday afternoons and all day on Friday's. This last week, I took the kids up to my neighborhood where I grew up in outskirts of Holladay in Mt. Olympus Cove. I drove them by the houses I lived in growing up. We lived in 4 different house in the Cove. They were so intrigued with seeing my elementary school and Jr. high I attended. (And even though I have taken them there before) this time it was different. They are now old enough to really understand and take in the fun stories I told of my childhood. I took them up to the hiking trails that my mom would take us to. The canyon that is pretty much my backyard is called "Neff's Canyon." Allie was dying to get out of the car and explore. We took the hike up Neff's Canyon to the area that my mom would take us to have a afternoon picnic. It had been at least 14 years since I had been up there. It was so fun seeing my kids hike this trial and they even made it up to the water spring that Mt. Olympus water is made from. We had a great time!


At the mouth of Neff's Canyon
On the trail of the hike
Beautiful Nature trail

A gorgeous view of the city 

The kids doing a "King of the Hill" dance!

Last Friday a new museum at Thanksgiving Point opened. The Museum of Curiosity is AMAZING. I called my two childhood friends Stacie Stevens Anderson and Starr Daniels to see if they wanted to come with us. Starr had already plans and wasn't able to come. Stacie has recently moved back from living to California the past 5 years. It was so great to spend time with her and her two darling kids. I was surprised by how many attractions the Museum has. There was so much to explore. We decided to purchase a annual pass to come back throughout the year, and it also includes the Dinosaur Museum, the Farm and the Curiosity Museum .


The kids loved dressing up and preforming on stage

Mason the Pirate

Allie the Hulu hoop performer 

The kiddo town inside the Museum

The Theater in the kids town

The kids loved playing inside Zion's bank

The Laundry mat

Mason and Ozzie (Stacie's little boy) building with Legos

The Giant Climbing area
The Garden 

The water works area




No comments: