Monday, May 12, 2014

My 34th Birthday/Mother's Day 2014

This weekend is always a busy weekend for us. My birthday always seems to fall within a few days of Mother's Day.

Friday, May 9th was my 34th birthday! My kids are now old enough to really be into celebrating birthdays. They have been anticipating giving me the cards they made me. Mason was the first to wake up. He came down the stairs and saw the birthday surprise Tim left on the kitchen island. He started to scream! "Mommy, it's your birthday!! Come here! It's your birthday!" It was so cute, seeing the excitement in his face and in his voice!



The Dirt/Sand glass bottle from last year

Tim always does a fabulous job on surprising me. Last year, was one year I will never forget. He had gotten me a glass bottle that was filled with sand/dirt from the lot that he was wanting to build this house on. He had told me that he would do anything he could to ensure that lot. He was determined to build me a house! It was the sweetest and most thoughtful gift. Today, we keep that glass bottle in our family room on the fireplace as a reminder of where this all came from.



Blowing out the candles


My Birthday cake!




Mason had his preschool performance the afternoon of my birthday, so my mom came over to our house and took me and the kids to lunch at Zupas before the performance. Mason did a fabulous job singing!



Mason and his friend Gage. Their teacher doesn't allow them to sit by each-other anymore at school because they talk too much. But, they were able to sit by each-other for the singing performance and they LOVED it!

                                     

That night Tim and I got a babysitter and went to dinner down in Pleasant Grove. I was wanting to try a restaurant in Prove called "Cubby's" and when I goggled it "Chubby's" in Pleasant Grove came up, for some reason I was't paying attention and thought it was the same restaurant. And we ended up at the wrong restaurant. It was too funny!  After we ate we headed to Orem to the Hale Center Theater and saw the musical "Peter Pan." It was fabulous! They did a awesome job! The music was fabulous and I really enjoyed it.  It was a fun filled day!

I got a new pair of running shoes and went for a 4.5 mile run that morning. I got a picture of the temple for our family room that is just gorgeous!




Saturday was filled with two soccer games, and my mom and sisters annual mother's day celebration. My sister, mom and I spent the afternoon together. We went to lunch at a little sandwich/salad place called "Plates and Palates" in Bountiful! The salads and sandwiches were amazing! We then went and got pedicures together, like we have done each Mother's Day!


That night my little niece, Hannah had her 3rd birthday party celebration! The cousins were all able to get together to have dinner and open presents! She is obsessed with Minnie Mouse! She had a Minnie Mouse cake, outfit and shoes on. What joy it is to see these beautiful kids grow up.


On Sunday, once again the kids woke up screaming "Happy Mother's Day!" Tim had gotten me another beautiful bouquet of flowers, a gift card to Gordman's, and the kids had picked out a gift for me. Allie gave me a necklace and Mason gave me two pairs of flip flops! I got my chocolate dipped caramel apple from Rocky Mountain chocolate that Tim gives to me each year, and a most beautiful card that Tim picked out. It was so very thoughtful.



Mother's Day 2014

At church Mason, his primary teacher had each of the kids make their mom's a beaded bracelet and had each kids answer questions about their mom. She wrapped the bracelet and paper in a beautiful box. I was in tears and laughter when Mason handed it to me! It's so funny to hear what the perception of what Mason really thinks about me. He is such an amazing little 3 year old. He always mentions that I only eat Salad. (which is the truth, I order a salad from almost every restaurant that we go to) But, I think he is referring to me and my cafe rio salads that I love so much!

I love that he think that my job is to go work out. I think he says that because, every morning Monday thru Saturday I am out running from 7 am until 8am. That is what he has seen me do, since he was a baby! His memory of me is me in my running clothes every morning. What a treasure this was to get form my little guy~


Allie is my sweet angel. She has been attached to me all weekend telling me how grateful she is to have such the "best-est mother ever!" She said, "Mommy, you do so much for me." Today I will do everything for you!" My heart melts to hear such kindness and gratitude from her.


We spent Mother's day at my parent's house and went to Tim's parents for dessert! It was a great fun filled weekend!


No comments: