On Saturday July 27,2013 I competed in the Spudman Olympic Triathlon in Burley, Idaho. I really hesitated on completing the triathlon this year, since I hadn't had the time to properly train for it with everything I had going on this summer. But, I thought I would still go and just have a good time. That is the reason I should do it anyways. My brother Dustin was there with me this year, and we had a great time. We stayed the night in Burley and woke up the next morning and headed to the Burley Golf Course to start the Triathlon. The race starts off with a 1 mile swim in the snake river, a bike for 25 miles, and finishes with a 6 mile run to the finish line! It was an overcast day and it rained most of the time, which made it that much more FUN! What a fun way challenge myself physically! I am so grateful for a loving husband and kids who support my love for running!
 |
| Taylor Tate (4 ) and Allie (4) at the pre-race dinner |
 |
| Allie sporting the Spudman T-shirt |
 |
| Lindsay, Mason, and Allie right before the swim |
 |
| Dustin and I ready for the 1 mile swim down the snake river |
 |
| Lindsay in the snake river ready for the race |
 |
| Lindsay on the bike |
 |
| Lindsay coming in at the Finish line |
 |
| Tim and the kids met me at the finish line with a bouquet of flowers |
 |
| The kids running out to the street to greet me on my bike |
 |
| The family before I started the Triathlon |
No comments:
Post a Comment