Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Summer comes to an END!

Last week was the last week of Summer, before Allie starts Pre-School.  Tim and I decided it would be fun to go "camping" up to Cherry Hill the weekend before.  Tim's parents have a trailer that had been sitting in their garage in great condition.  It was a tradition for Tim growing up, going to Cherry Hill with his family in this trailer. Tim was super stoked to make it a family tradition with his own family.

 We packed up the trailer and headed out for 3 days fun at the Water Park up in Kaysville.  We spent the next few days going swimming, exploring the Dinosaur land park in Ogden, and spent the an afternoon at the the Children's museum in Ogden called "The Tree House."  The kids loved sleeping in the trailer and thought it was so fun.  We took our bikes up there and went on a bike ride.
Tim and Allie playing horse shoes at Cherry Hill
Cherry Hill
Cherry Hill
Allie going down the slide at Cherry Hill
Dino Park, Tim and Mason
Allie and Mason at the Tree House Museum
Mrs. President of the United States : Allison Clara Kehl

Dino Land Park in Ogden, Utah
 Allie playing Doctor at the Tree House Museum
 

 What a fun way to spend the last week of Summer..well, that is until we got home...and I got horribly sick.  I was down in bed for Tim's 38th birthday last Monday.  I couldn't even hold my head up.  After 3 days of not feeling good, I decided to go into the insta-care.  And, guess what I ended up having?  Cyrpto.  The nasty parasite that can be found in recreation water! I'm almost 100% positive I got it from Mason, who I can't stop from drinking the pool water~  I was able to get on some medicine..and by Thursday I was able to finally get out of bed!
So, in the meantime..Tim had been taking such great care of things...the kids, me and the house.  He complained his knee and ankle hurt. But, I didn't even know if it was any different than when he gets pain from his arthritis..but, after Wednesday night he was not able to even walk. I knew something was seriously wrong.  He had called his two different doctors on Monday and Tuesday..but they didn't call him back. He really was wanting to go to the BYU football game, the first game of the season;but he knew he needed to have his ankle looked at prior otherwise he wouldn't be able to walk and would have to miss the game.  So, he drove himself up to the U of U hospital to the ER.  He was there for 2 hours, when he called me and told me that he had an infection in his leg! I felt so bad! I couldn't believe he drove himself to the ER and that he has the one who was in more pain than I was. A million things were going through my HEAD!  They told him he would he needed a IV of antibiotics and would be admitted to the hospital.  I was scared!!! I was scared because I didn't know how serious the infection was and if it had gotten into the blood stream;I knew that was not a good sign.
Since my Dad and Bro Steve were up at the U Football game they headed over to the ER and I drove up with Tim's dad and dropped my kids off at my mom's house.  Tim's dad gave him a blessing and I truly felt an instant blanket of peace and comfort come over me. I received a blessing from my Dad and that made all the difference. It was a miracle, that I was well enough to be up at the hospital by my husbands side.  I knew my Heavenly Father was watching over us!


Tim spent the night in the observation room of the ER.  They ran a lot of tests, trying to find the cause of the infection. They took a MRI and X-rays of the ankle and knee.  The next morning, I got up and called Tim. He told me that they were still trying to see if the infection was in the joint or even in his bone.  I paced the entire house...praying, reading my Scriptures, doing everything I could. I kneeled down with Allie and Mason next to me and each of his said a prayer for Tim/Daddy.  It was such a priceless moment to see my kids plee for help!  My sister and Mom came to my rescue.  They showed up at my house to care for Allie and Mason, so that I could go up to the hospital with Tim's mom to get some answers.  That was the hardest part.  Tim was still running a fever, even with the antibiotic.  They were concerned, and was admitted to the internal medicine department of the hospital.  They continued to run tests, and the test showed no signs of infection in the joint, bone or blood.  I was relieved!! They ended up treating him for Strep/Staph skin infection. That can be caused from almost anything.  A scab, a spider bite, a mosquito bite and the skin gets bacteria in it.  After being on antibiotic for 3 days, his fever and infection subsided. He then was tested for Crypto and ended up getting that as well.  What an ordeal for him.  He was released from the hospital on Sunday afternoon.  It was one of the longest week that I have had in a very long time.  Very scary and intense at moments. I am so very grateful for my family and friends that supported me through the entire week. 
I am indeed grateful to my dear sweet friend in my ward, Steph Hock, who herself, just got out of the hospital within the last 2 weeks, after having a baby c-section.  She showed up at my door on Saturday morning with a plate of cookies, and offered to take Allie and Mason for the afternoon!  I broke down in tears!! I couldn't even imagine accepting help from her. She had 3 year old twins, and a newborn baby to care for, and she wanted to serve ME?  I told her I would think about it, and she told me that it was not negotiable. She would come for my kids if I didn't drop them off.  I can honestly say the Lord works through others in answering prayers.  It will be forever in my heart, this story of Service and Love from my dear sweet friend. 

Later that afternoon I took Allie and Mason up to see Tim.  The kids were thrilled to see him.  I could tell it meant the world to Tim to have his kids there. He had missed his kiddos!  We spent a few hours talking with him and that made me much more happier. 

What a story of healing, the power of Priesthood, Service and LOVE!  I love Tim more each day, and am in awe of the faith and courage he has!  The entire time he was in the hospital he worried more about me and the kids then himself.  I truly married a SAINT!  I am so lucky and blessed. 
I look forward to many more memories with my best friend as we celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary this month!!


No comments: