Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving..a time to be thankful

The Kehl Family
Allie, Mia and Taylor at the Cabing over Thanksgiving weekend
Manti Christmas Parade
Me and Allie waiting for the Parade

The Grinch in the Parade
Polar Express in the Manti Christmas Parage

Allie, Tate, Bryson and Taylor waiting for the Parade to begin

Allie reading her book at the Manti Cabin



What a great time of year. A day to give Thanks! Looking back over this last year, I have so much to be grateful for. I have an amazing healthy husband. I don't know if I could have said that last year. One year ago Tim suffered from a terrible stroke, which was one of the most frightening things that has ever happened to me. I am grateful that he is alive and doing well. I wasn't sure if Tim would ever be the same from it. I can't even begin to express my gratitude to my Heavenly Father, our families and friends who supported us through that trial. I know my prayers were heard and answered that night sitting alone in bed, not sleeping an ounce as I prayed more than I ever had for Tim to recover. I am so grateful for the priesthood blessing he received in which he was promised to recover and would be back to fulfilling the many responsibilities he had here on Earth.

I am grateful for my little girl Allison Clara. She has brought so much Joy into our home. I am grateful to be able to stay home with her, and well I just am grateful to be a mommy. I am grateful she is healthy! I am grateful for my wonderful families. I couldn't ask for anything better, they are amazing. I love the closeness we have and I'm grateful for the time we spend with each other during the Holiday Season.

Anyway, I am grateful for a lot of things. Those are just a few that I wanted to share.

We spent Thanksgiving at the Kehl's this year. It was a lot of fun seeing Allison with her cousins. I am amazed on how well she keeps up with all them. She loves her cousins! We were also able to go down to our Manti Cabin with my side of the family. We took Allison to the Christmas Parade that Manti puts on every year, she loved seeing the Christmas lights and listening to the music! We had a ton of fun, just being with Family this year.

1 comment:

Kaeloni said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! We're all greatful that Tim is happy and healthy! And that you and Allie have joined the family :D