Allie has not been herself for the past several weeks; she and I will be playing and all of a sudden she will burst out in a painful cry?? It is so sad! And in the last few weeks she has no desire to eat. She cries every time the bottle goes into her mouth. So, Friday morning she wakes up and Tim changed her diaper...comes to find out her diaper was as dry as a bone! She had not a bowel in at least 10 hours. I decided to call the pediatrician. Tim and I were up at the University Hospital, Tim was getting a procedure done ...and that is when I got a call back from Allie's pediatrician's office. Since Allie was with Grandma and Grandpa Kehl..I call over to them and had them check to see if she had a wet diaper yet..and she had, so I told the nurse this..but the nurse told me that Allie was still most likely dehydrated and no baby should go more than 6 hours without a bowel movement and that she needed to go up to primary childern's medical center now! I started to cry!! What!! That was not what I was expecting to hear. I couldn't believe it, I asked if the doctor could see her before taking her up to the ER. I then got a call back from Allie's doctor; Dr. Ring. She said she would see Allie that night. We took Allie in at 6:10 PM on Friday night and Dr. Ring checked out her ears to see if she had an infection and ran a UTI, urinary tract infection test to see if that was the issue. Both of these tests came back negative. Dr. Ring advised us that it was most likely Acid Reflux and this is why she refuses to eat. She is in pain from the acid, which makes her not want to eat, and suck on her pacifier to keep the acid from coming up! This explains why she would burst out in a painful cry,because she had acid coming up! Dr. Ring prescribed her previcid to help take away the pain and heal the irritation in her throat. She has been on it for just a couple of days..and I have seen a little improvement..and hope this will bring my sweet little Allie back! I hate seeing her in so much pain.....
On Saturday we attended the sealing for little Taylor, Dustin and Jamie at the Salt Lake Temple. WOW! That was the most spiritual ceremony ever! Little Taylor was dressed in white and was sealed to her parents. What a precious day for them! It brings tears to my eyes just thinking how special that ceremony was! Taylor was smiling the entire time, like she knew what was going on! It was just so cute! Yesterday, Little Taylor was blessed, Dustin gave a wonderful blessing! I am so excited for Allie to have cousins Taylor and Mia so close in age..they will be the best of friends!!

Allie has advanced to the Big Tub! She looks forward to her baths every night!
3 comments:
I'm glad Allie is starting to feel better. It's awful when you know your little one is in pain. Also, I think we have the same pediatrician - Dr Ring at Willow Creek Pediatrics on Highland Drive? Small world!
I'm sorry to hear about Allie. That is never fun, especially when they can't tell you what is going on.
Hopefully the medicine helps to get her back to herself...
That is so sad! I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully she'll get back to herself!
Post a Comment