Monday, February 2, 2009

Allie went to church

Yesterday, we took Allie to church for the first time. We decided to wait two months before taking her to church due to RSV flu season.
It was great to be to take her since Tim conducted in sacrament and bore his testimony. It brought tears to my eyes. He talked about gratitude. He mentioned how grateful he was for his health, for his family and for Allie and I. He said, we all go through stormy times in our life and it's what we do during those stormy times that makes us bear them better. Tim has had some after effects from his stroke, and it scares the two of us at times..periodically his hand goes numb. This is very frightening and Tim has shown great faith and courage through the storms in his life. Tim is a great example to me! I love him with all my heart. I was so happy to be able to take Allie to church so she could hear her daddy(and mommy)bear our testimonies.
I am grateful for the blessings and miracles God has shown to our family these last few months. I am grateful that my Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. These expriences have strengthed my faith. I have so much to be grateful for. I love my little Allie and my hubby very much!!!




2 comments:

Kaeloni said...

Sounds just like Tim! I don't think that darling little girl could've asked for better parents! Tim is such an example to everyone around and I know I haven't talked to you tons or seen you around but you do have a certain spirit about you! I'm sure Allie will have the best life possible!

Lindsey said...

What an adorable baby girl. I heard about your family at an enrichment meeting the other night; Sister Simons was describing this young family with a new baby that is in our ward but serving in the single's ward right now. We moved into the neighborhood recently and we have a little boy almost exactly a year older than your baby girl. There are not too many young families with babies in the ward, so it would be fun to meet you guys sometime! We are at troyandlindsey.blogspot.com