
GOLDFISH??
So..a few weeks ago, Tim mentioned he wanted to purchase a few goldfish one night after dinner..so we then jumped into the car and headed to Walmart. We really wanted to get 5 fish..for a small fish bowl and were told that would not work! I guess goldfish need a lot of room to swim in or else they will die. We then decided on just two! We got the necessary items to keep them a live. ( food, plants, rocks, water conditioner) Who would have thought you needed so many items for a goldfish? So... we get them home and Tim went to town getting the fish bowl ready. We decided the right place for the fishbowl was on our dresser in our bedroom so we can look at them quite often. Oh, and since Tim and I love the show "King of Queens" we decided to name them after the characters. 'Carrie" and "Doug." Carrie was the smaller one with a black mark on her fins. Doug was much bigger and all orange. Well, in less than 12 hours Doug passed away!! I couldn't believe that I couldn't keep a fish a live for 12 hours ..I thought to myself, how in the world was I going to care of a newborn baby? I was pretty shaken up over it. So, Carrie was now alone. I thought ok, she may live..we'll..maybe not! Last Thursday, when Tim was at bishopric meeting..I noticed Carrie was struggling and pretty much floating on top of the water. I messaged Tim and told him Carrie had passed away. When he came home, he saw she was struggling but was still breathing...he said to me "I am going to try to save her! He scooped her out of the fish bowl and into a fresh bowl of water..put on gloves and started to pet her. All of sudden she started to swim again!! So, at that moment Tim was determined to go to Walmart and buy an "Actual" aquarium. It has a filter system, light fixture and holds up to 5 gallons of water! We came home and placed her in her new home...and boy, did she love her new home! She was swimming like a gold fish should!
It was great to see her survive! The very next day..we decided to buy two more goldfish. ( a new Doug and Aurthur!) Wow..I didn't realize goldfish could have an impact on us! We just hope now..they will live for Allie to enjoy them!!
So..a few weeks ago, Tim mentioned he wanted to purchase a few goldfish one night after dinner..so we then jumped into the car and headed to Walmart. We really wanted to get 5 fish..for a small fish bowl and were told that would not work! I guess goldfish need a lot of room to swim in or else they will die. We then decided on just two! We got the necessary items to keep them a live. ( food, plants, rocks, water conditioner) Who would have thought you needed so many items for a goldfish? So... we get them home and Tim went to town getting the fish bowl ready. We decided the right place for the fishbowl was on our dresser in our bedroom so we can look at them quite often. Oh, and since Tim and I love the show "King of Queens" we decided to name them after the characters. 'Carrie" and "Doug." Carrie was the smaller one with a black mark on her fins. Doug was much bigger and all orange. Well, in less than 12 hours Doug passed away!! I couldn't believe that I couldn't keep a fish a live for 12 hours ..I thought to myself, how in the world was I going to care of a newborn baby? I was pretty shaken up over it. So, Carrie was now alone. I thought ok, she may live..we'll..maybe not! Last Thursday, when Tim was at bishopric meeting..I noticed Carrie was struggling and pretty much floating on top of the water. I messaged Tim and told him Carrie had passed away. When he came home, he saw she was struggling but was still breathing...he said to me "I am going to try to save her! He scooped her out of the fish bowl and into a fresh bowl of water..put on gloves and started to pet her. All of sudden she started to swim again!! So, at that moment Tim was determined to go to Walmart and buy an "Actual" aquarium. It has a filter system, light fixture and holds up to 5 gallons of water! We came home and placed her in her new home...and boy, did she love her new home! She was swimming like a gold fish should!
It was great to see her survive! The very next day..we decided to buy two more goldfish. ( a new Doug and Aurthur!) Wow..I didn't realize goldfish could have an impact on us! We just hope now..they will live for Allie to enjoy them!!
1 comment:
So Trent and I googled your blog and have been reading it . . . but this one made us laugh the hardest. Trent says that as a kid he remembers that Tim had 5 goldfish named after the jackson 5. Tito, Jermaine, Michael, ???, ??? we can't even remember their names.
Thanks for the fun evening!
Post a Comment