Wednesday, August 31, 2016

First Day of School

Each year, as a family we have a back to school feast the night before school. This year our back to school theme is "Just Keep Swimming." from the Disney movie "Finding Dory." 
As we sat around the kitchen table eating the kids' favorite dinner of Spaghetti and Meatballs, we talked about our back to school theme and what it means to them. 
I told them that there will be times this year where you may want to give up; like when your homework is too hard, or when you feel like you no longer enjoy school like you used to, or friends were not being nice, or someone didn't invite you to their birthday party, but you need to just remember to keep "swimming."
Don't give up, Don't get discouraged...just move forward. It will all work out.



Back to School Feast for 2016-2017

Just Keep Swimming

We then gave them a fathers blessing, which has always been a tradition. It helps prepare them for the upcoming school year and gives them that peace and reassurance that they have a Heavenly Father who cares and loves them. 

Allie was invited to go to Lagoon with one of her good friends Linden, the last day of summer. She was so excited to spend the entire day with her and she had the best time. 



Allie and Mason started school this past week. Allie started 2nd grade, and she is super excited to have a few of her friends with her from last year. Her teacher is Mrs. Selk. Mason started Kindergarten. This year is the first year that West Jordan Elementary as offered full day kindergarten. And I knew that Mason was ready to take on a full day of school. His teacher is Mrs. Christensen. He is very excited to go to the same school as his big sister. Allie now has buddy to walk home with, which makes me so happy.

The first day of school was a little rough. I wasn't used to my house being so quiet. Naomi wasn't sure where the kids were and was screaming for both Allie and Mason. I kept seeing Naomi go to the place where Mason always seems to be (the couch). It broke my heart. 

Allie on the first day of Second Grade
2016-2017


Age 7 

Allie and her teacher ( Mrs. Selk) 

Mason on the first day of school
2016-2017


Mason and his teacher (Mrs. C)

Mason and his two little friends from his church and school class

Getting lined up ready to start his first day of kindergarten
As I contemplate on what it is that I plan on doing during the few hours my two older kids are at school and while the baby naps, I plan on working towards my goals. One of those goals is to get and stay fit. Exercise has always been a habit for me, BUT since I only have Naomi, I plan on going on more hikes and being outdoors and that is something I look forward to. 


No comments: