Sunday, May 10, 2015

My 35th Birthday

This year I turned 35. It's hard to believe I'm that old. ( Ha!) 

 Tim always goes above and beyond when it comes to cerebrating my birthday.  I can still recall 8 years ago, when we were dating, he showed up to my apartment with my favorite ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins, a dozen roses and a little black box from Morgan Jewelers. He had given me a beautiful diamond round necklace. I knew right then that he was a keeper!  (We had only been dating a few weeks.)  

It was two years ago on my 33rd birthday, Tim gave me a glass bottle of dirt/sand. He told me I'm not sure how I'm going to make this happen, but I will do my very best to make it happen. The dirt is from a home lot that I want to build a new home on for you! I could not even believe what I was hearing. That year, we started building on that lot. 


Last year, he gave me another glass bottle. In that bottle was a baby. I can still remember giggling like a little school girl when I saw that.  He told me that this year, he wanted to complete our little family with a baby,  And, just 3 months later, we were pregnant with Naomi. 


This year after he gave me new patio furniture, a new pair of running shoes, and gift certificate he presented me with another glass bottle. He said, "well since the last two years, I've made the last two bottles happen, I'm going to try once again to make this happen." Inside the glass bottle was a rolled up piece of paper,  I tired to get the rolled up piece of paper out but it would not come out. Tim spent a good half hour trying to get that paper out of the bottle. It became like a puzzle, with torn pieces of paper, I was able to put the picture together. It turned out to be a picture of a Hot Tub/Jacuzzi. I have always talked about wanting to have a hot tub on the lower level of our patio.  

Seriously, I'm the luckiest woman ever! Tim is the most giving, caring,most compassionate and understanding man I know. I'm so blessed to have him by my side.  He makes me the happiest!  I only hope and pray that my two beautiful girls marry a man like him.  

Tim and Naomi ( 4 weeks old)



No comments: