It was 6 years ago today when Tim suffered a stroke. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was 9 months pregnant with Allie and we were at Bishop Peterson's house for Family Home Evening. We had just finished dinner and were enjoying dessert on the couch. We were all in conversation, when suddenly Tim's fork dropped to the floor. He had lost all movement in his arms. I looked over at him, and knew something terrible was happening. He was not able to form sentences. It was one of the most scariest moments in our lives.
As I reflect on this trial I can't help but be grateful for what I learned from it. The power of prayer. I gave a lesson yesterday in Relief Society on this very thing. Prayer. I felt prompted to share this experience with the woman. This trial was a real testimony builder for me. I learned we need to humble ourselves and ask with real intent believing we will receive. It taught me to submit my will to HIS will. I remember praying 10 hours straight that night Tim was admitted into the ICU. I have never been so humbled, pleading with my Heavenly Father for peace, comfort and answers. I wasn't sure at that moment what the future held for Tim and i. He was unable to speak my name or say anything.I remembering feeling this overwhelming sense of peace that next morning. I headed up to the ICU and sat next to Tim. He turned to me and with a smile on his face said, "Lindsay, Allie!" I lost it. I was overcome with tears. Tears that were from heaven comforting me. I knew that it maybe a rough and long recovery but I knew that Heavenly Father heard my cries, loved me and would take care of us. Ironically, 6 years later...here we are at my 20 week ultrasound seeing our 3rd baby through an ultrasound and it brought tears to my eyes seeing how much has happened in those 6 years. I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers prayers, who knows us individually and blesses us regardless of our weaknesses.

No comments:
Post a Comment