Tuesday, September 23, 2014

We are excited to announce...baby #3 will be arriving April 2015




We are overjoyed to have another miracle join our family this coming April. Tim and I had always talked about having 3 kids. We had decided that 3 was the magic number, since both of my pregnancies have been extremely difficult. I suffer from severe morning sickness, that lasts all day, everyday, pretty much till I deliver. I take zofran, an anti-nausea medication the entire 9 months and still find myself in bed for most days during the first trimester. It's worse at night and I am completely sick to my stomach and have horrible food aversions. Another reason we decided that 3 would be our number is both babies were delivered by C-sections. My doctor has told me time and time again that C-sections are hard on the body and having too many can jeopardize both baby and mom.

 I enjoyed having Allie and Mason 23 months apart, but I must admit at times it was hard having two kids in diapers, two toddlers wanting moms attention. I thought it would be best to wait a few more years before trying for another baby.

And that time is now, it's a great time to have another baby, both kids are potty trained. Allie will be going to school full time next year, and Mason will be in preschool three times a week. I will be able to spend quality time with my third and last baby. It will be so nice to enjoy and cherish that time. It wasn't until we moved into the new house and already had an empty room for baby #3 that it hit me, we needed to get that room filled.

I wasn't quite sure how long it would take to get pregnant. We decided to start trying in July, and the next thing we knew I was pregnant. I wasn't sure it was going to happen so fast.  However, deep in my heart, for some reason I knew that this little baby was waiting in Heaven and was eager to come join our little family!

The day before I found out I was pregnant, I started getting congested. I thought I was coming down with a cold. But, deep down in my heart, I knew I was probably pregnant. I decided to pull out an expired pregnancy test that I bought when Tim and I were trying to get pregnant with Allie. I still had a few left over. I gave it a try, and it showed negative. I decided to google about how effective an expired pregnancy test was. I received multiple answers stating they are no longer accurate after expiring since it can't detect the hormone after a period of time. I thought, I would run by target and get a new pregnancy test. I did, but for some reason I decided to wait till the next morning to take it.

That night Tim and I had a date night at the temple. We went through a session, and was given a temple name. As I was getting that temple name, I had this over whelming feeling that if this little baby is a girl, we need to name her that name. I told this to Tim in the Celestial room. But, I didn't tell him I thought I was pregnant. I didn't want to jinx it.

That next morning, I woke up and while Tim was working in the yard, I took the pregnancy test. It immediately showed pregnant. I thought," WOW! How will I tell Tim?" I decided to have the kids hold up a sign that announced that they were going to a big sister and brother. It worked out pretty great, considering the kids had no idea what the sign said! Ha!

 I got a side by side picture frame and put the pictures in it. I placed it in on his desk in his home office. Tim went into his office about 4 hours later and his first reaction was, "Really?" Are you serious?!"  He was super excited! It was surreal!

Once again, we are reminded that God is a God of miracles. It's amazing to see miracles be preformed right in front of our eyes.



No comments: