 |
| 14 years later...... |
14 years ago from today, on September 22, 2000, I was given a second chance at life! I was in the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit at the University of Utah Hospital undergoing a bone marrow transplant for a rare blood disease called Aplastic Anemia. I am eternally grateful to have had my sister, Brooke be a 100% match. She underwent surgery, extracting 1 Tablespoon of bone marrow from her hips. This experience has only increased our sisterly bond between Brooke and I.
This was a day I will never forget. The hospital staff came in with balloons and a piece of cake to celebrate my "new" birthday. This was the day I would once again have a healthy immune system. It was at that time the doctors sat my parents and I down saying, "due to the excessive amount of chemo you will be getting from this bone marrow transplant, bearing children in your future will be slim to none." That news struck me hard. I was only 19. I hadn't even had a serious boyfriend and really was not sure what the future held for me. I remember praying that if that time comes, I will have faith that all things will work out according to His will and my faith.
Fast forward 14 years, from that exact day, we experienced yet another miracle. Today, we saw and heard the heartbeat of baby #3 that will be joining our family April 2015. What a miracle it is to see the blessings of faith become so real, right in front of our eyes. I'm extremely grateful for the miracles in my life and for modern medication that I was able to get a bone marrow transplant and live to be married and have 3 beautiful children.
.jpg) |
| A photo shoot taken at the International Peace Gardens |
.jpg) |
| Mason holding the baby moccasins and as Allie holds the announcement |
No comments:
Post a Comment