It's always so fun to look forward to some of our favorite things we do each year around Christmas. One of the many traditions we have done since Allie was little was to visit the "Elves" at Gardner Village. My sister and I always enjoy getting our kids together to walk around Gardner Village and look at the funny Elves and end the day enjoying a sugar cookie at the Corner Bakery. This year it was super cold, we bundled up and headed out for some afternoon fun!
 |
At Gardner Village looking at the Elves Tate, Allie, Corbin, Byrson and Mason |
We went to the ward Christmas Party. Santa made a special trip to visit the kids in the Primary room. Mason was not quite sure about seeing Santa. It took him a minute to warm up to him.
 |
| Mason asking Santa for a "Car Track" |
 |
| Allie asking Santa for the "Frozen" barbie dolls |
Each year, my Mom and Dad make special arrangements to have Santa come to their house to visit the grand-kids! This year, all kids were eager to see Santa. We had less tears than the years before, the kids are at a fun age, where they enjoy being visited by Santa. Here are some of the fun pictures I got of Santa at Grandma and Papa's Christmas Party!
 |
| Santa makes his presence! |
 |
| Mason on Santa's lap |
 |
| Allie waiting patiently for Santa to call her name |
 |
| Allie on Santa's lap |
 |
| Allie and I after she got a present from Santa |
 |
| The Grand-kids with Santa |
 |
| Mason and Allie with Santa |
Another fun tradition I have always enjoyed, is driving around the city to see Christmas lights while listening to Christmas music. This is a tradition that my parents started with us when I was little. It is so fun to come across beautiful lights! One scene we came across this year was a Nativity that was amazing. The people were life size and the sign across the manager read, "The Greatest Gift of All." It is so appropriate, and a great reminder why we celebrate Christmas.

We were able to take the kids to a live Nativity a few weeks ago. It was something like I have never seen before. The detail and work that was put into the Village was amazing! They had brought in real live animals such as; sheep, camels, donkey's, and chickens. They had the story of the first Christmas laid out in a field, and where we were able to walk through "Bethlehem" and see Mary, Joseph and Jesus laying in a manager!Camera's were not allowed in the "Villiage" part of the Nativity. But, I can tell you this the Spirit was so strong!It was such a neat experience! I defiantly will plan on making this a family tradition each year!
 |
| The Live Nativity |
No comments:
Post a Comment