Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Potty Training



I decided to pull the plug, and get serious about getting Mason potty trained. I started the day after his 3rd birthday! I admit, I was the one holding him back. I wasn't committed to staying home to be close to the potty every time he needed to go!

But, I really wanted to get him potty trained before we headed off to our cruise to the Caribbean at the end of January, so I wouldn't have to pack diaper.  I also wanted him potty trained for the cruise so he could be able eligible to attend the kids club program that the cruise offers.

To be honest I've been dreading the whole potty training thing! Probably because I had a difficult time in getting Allie potty trained. I realize that once she finally decided SHE wanted to, then it was pretty simple.

With Mason this potty training experience was so much different! He was READY when I finally was ready! The Monday following his birthday we headed to ALL-A-DOLLAR. I asked him fill an entire box full of his favorite prizes and toys! This got him so excited. I told him he would earn a prize or toy each time he went on the potty!  When we got home, he instantly went! It was as simple as that! He went the very first week with ZERO accidents! I even spent most the days out and about and he went potty in each store we were at, and continued to tell me when he needed to go!  It was awesome!

I'm so proud of him! I'm looking forward to having a break from changing diapers! It's crazy to think I have been changing diapers for the past 5 years. What a difference it will be to not have to spend money and time changing diapers!

I pray he'll continue to do awesome and hopefully he'll transition nicely when we move into our home. I know that from time to time relapse does happen when it comes to potty training, so I am anticipating that if it does happen!

No comments: