UPDATE: We locked in our mortgage rate on November 7, 2013 for 60 days. That means we need to be moved in by January 7th! It's CRAZY to think it's only a few weeks away just over a 1 month. We just finished the drywall throughout the house, now we on to carpentry and painting.
We have been spending most our nights and weekends working on projects at our new house. Tim has literally been there almost every weekday night after he gets off work till 9:00 PM, and all day on Saturdays working on something. He put in an electrical pipe throughout the yard, so we could get electricity throughout the yard for Christmas lights. He spent a couple of days framing, working on both of the deck floors we built. (The one off of the Master Bedroom and the other off the Kitchen.) He spent last Saturday building wainscoting for the kids bedrooms, and hallways. It' been so fun, yet so stressful picking everything out! I didn't realize all the choices we have had to make. We have spent this last month picking out: kitchen/laundry room counters, cabinets, color of cabinets,style of cabinet, sinks,style of sinks (square, under mount) bathroom faucets,tile for bathrooms, fireplace, backslash, carpet color and style, door handles, exterior and interior doors, garage doors and light fixtures!
It's awesome being married to a home builder! We've been able to customize the entire house. We have picked out every detail from adding a loft to building a shed in the basement that can be accessed from the backyard. It's been a ton of fun! I love that our house will portray Tim and I. and, in making it "OURS". One thing I have always loved doing as a hobby is decorating. I enjoy the art of decorating in creating something of my own. This has been my DREAM to decorate and create our home from scratch!
At times it has been stressful because I want to make sure each detail I pick out matches/compliments the other choices I've made throughout the house.
Last week, Tim and I picked out the tile for the Masterbath. They started the installation and I must say I LOVE it. I love it so much, I even asked the installer to make the entire outer wall an accent wall...I think it looks AMAZING!
Also, I'm really happy with the interior door style we chose. It is called the Madison Style, and has only been on the market since August. That means most people don't have it, and perhaps never seen it! I just love how similar it is to the shaker style kitchen cabinets that we chose.
The carpenter has been there all this week, building the staircase, fireplace mantle and the trim around the arch way. I'll have more pictures in the next few weeks but until then here are a few.......
| The Master Shower |
| The arch in the entry way (looking from the Kitchen) |
| The entryway arch looking from the Family Room |
| The upstairs loft-playroom game/toy closets |
| The interior doors- Madison Style |
| The front porch ( hardie board will be pained once it is all installed) and stone will be on the bottom half |
| The deck off the Kitchen |
| The mudroom bench and lockers |
| The windows from the deck |
| The side of the house ( Hardie Board not yet painted) |
| The back side of the house |
| The back of the house |
| The staircase wall before paint |
| The staircase looking down |
| Upstairs bathroom |
| Mason's room |
| Allie's room |
| The hallway upstairs |
| The wainscoting getting painted |
| The hallway upstairs |
| The staircase |
| The family room |
| The upstairs hallway |
| The office and entry way wall |
| The staircase wall (half painted) |
The exterior of our house- Not yet painted |
No comments:
Post a Comment