Monday, November 7, 2011

The things parents don't enjoy!

I have been working on accomplishing two things before Allie turns 3.  Getting Allie potty trained and off Binkies!


Binkies:
She is one of those kids that absolutely loved her binkies!  She was obsessed with holding 4-5 binkies at a time. They helped comfort her when falling asleep.  I am telling you she was a closet binky lover! She didn't have it in public for the most part, but during naps and bed time, I used them to bribe her to sleep!  She has been a great nap taker ( 2 hour nap) and sleeper ( 7pm-7 am) as long as she had her binky.  Well, I started noticing she was getting too obsessed with wanting to have a binky around the house, and knew it was time to have her give those up!  I am proud to say that the Binky fairy came and picked up all her binkies over a week and half ago! She placed them in a container ( treasure chest) and laid it out on the front porch. She then rang the special fairy bell and 10 minutes later the binkies were off the doorstep and she received a little stuffed doggy named "Joey" in return that the "Binky Fairy" brought her~
I must admit, I had tears in my eyes as she said her "goodbye's " to her binkies and gave them one last kiss! It broke my little heart, but I knew that I should have done it when she was 6 months old, when she had no attachment to them! But, you learn from those things.  Allie has done a great job, she hasn't even asked for them! I am very happy with that!  I am just regretting that she has no desire now to take naps or go to bed early..and she is having a very hard time settling down and going to bed without having something in her hard to soothe herself.  But, I am hoping that as time goes on, it gets better...I miss her nap time (my time to relax) and I miss having more time relaxing at night..but it is, what it is!     Allie has done a great job, she hasn't even asked for them! I am very happy with that!  I am just regretting that she has no desire now to take naps or go to bed early..and she is having a very hard time settling down and going to bed without having something in her hard to soothe herself.  But, I am hoping that as time goes on, it gets better...I miss her nap time (my time to relax) and I miss having more time relaxing at night..but it is, what it is! 
Thank goodness Mason is not and never was into them. He has no desire.  I am glad we won't have to go through that episode again! 

Binkies have been the life saver!

Potty Trained:
I'm going to now focus on getting her potty trained for good now! I started when she was 18 months and many times in between, but she hasn't understood the whole potty thing...so I will be staying home for a few days (if that is, that I don't go insane first) to get the whole potty thing down~ if any of you have any good tips for potty training I would love to hear them!! Wish me luck!



No comments: