I have been wanting to make a quiet book for my kids for a while now,
and the thought of working on the project and going and purchasing all
the items seemed like a lot of work..but this last week I have been very
determined to make this book. I got the idea from pinterest! Thanks to my most wonderful sis Brooke, who loaned me her sewing machine for this project and a big thanks to my mom who gave me sewing lessons when I was younger! It was like riding a bike, it's crazy how threading and sewing all came back to me...Now, I know
most of you maybe think"you are crazy, go and buy a quiet book for $30~
at least that is how I feel about a lot of things...it is too costly to
buy material and then find time to make the thing..but I really wanted
to find that creative side of myself and accomplish this vision of a
quiet book that my mom made me back when I was 5-6 yrs old~ I still have
fond memories of that book and how much we (my brothers/sisters) loved
playing with that book! So, literally I have been sewing my brains out
the last week 5-6 hours a day on this book, ( while my children played
and maybe got negelated) but I am happy to say that it is about done!
Allie has been so excited every time I finished a page..she would sit
down and start playing with the finished page! So..that makes me happy!
She was gleaming when I laid out all the pages! She said, "Mommy, you made that for ME? I said, "Of course, I did!" It was too cute!
 |
| All the pages in my quiet book |
 |
| Ice cream- velcro on and off the cone |
 |
| Barn with 3 little cow, chicken and pig finger puppets |
 |
| Tree with the leaves that Velcro on and off |
 |
| Gum ball machine to learn numbers and they snap on and off |
 |
| Road-car is tied to string and can ride along 2 pages |
 |
| Allie's favorite ( purse that has all her items in it) | | |
 |
| Velcro-shapes and colors |
 |
| Dress up with Velcro clothes |
 |
| Velcro coins that can be inserted into the bank |
 |
| Colors Velcro on and off and paint brush to pretend paint |
 |
| Mailbox: mailbox opens and closes (pen and paper) |
 |
| Ladybug, little ladybugs Velcro on and off and can go inside ladybug |
 |
| Flower Pot: flowers buttons on and off |
No comments:
Post a Comment