Monday, October 3, 2011

Conference Weekend

Over the weekend was Conference. On Saturday, I ran 9 miles at the Daybreak Lake and came home to watch conference. During the Conference sessions, Tim and I took the kids on a bike ride along the Jordan River Parkway. We rode about 8 miles north. It was so peaceful and lovely.  Then yesterday, after conference we took the kids up Big Cottonwood Canyon to walk around Silver Lake!  I guess everyone else had the same idea, because it was super crowded.  We walked the trail that goes around Silver Lake and came across two Moose that were eating their dinner.  It was beautiful to see the leaves changing color.  What beautiful scenery!
Up Big Cottonwood Canyon

The beautiful trees

Daddy and Mason

The leaves have changed color for the Fall season

Mason sees the Moose!

Allie running along the trail at Silver Lake

What a site to see! Moose right in front of us!

The Moose at Silver Lake

Mason and Me

The Family

Allie sitting on the log at Silver Lake

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how sweet. I'm glad you had such a nice weekend. I really enjoyed conference. that's cool you came across some moose ;)