One of the great things about Summer since being married and living in the heart of Taylorsville is the awesome tradition of Taylorsville Dayzz. The weeked is packed with free concerts, carnival rides, boutiques, 5k run and an amazing fireworks~
Thursday started out with going with my mom, sister, and sister in law and their kids to the Taylorsville Park to ride on the carnival rides. Allie wasn't quite sure at first bu once she went on the first ride...it was very hard to get her off:) Friday night, we took Allie and Mason back to the park for some rides and then watched the firework show. Saturday morning I woke up and ran the 5K run! Amber ran it with me once again, and it was awesome. We finished the 5k in 29 minutes! What is so nice about the whole thing, is we live next door to the whole scene for the Taylorsville Dayzz events. When Tim and I were walking over to Taylorsville city hall to get checked in for the run, I must admit I was a little intimidated by the crowd who were running the 5K. I will be honest, my heart was pumping faster than it was at the beginning of my half marathon. Why, you ask? Well, to start off...I see a group of young boys warming up thirty minutes prior to the race in our circle doing backward sprints! No joke!! Ok, yes they might be on the high school track team..but still! what the heck...it's not like we were running a MARATHON! It was only 3.1 miles!! So, I got a little scared thinking I was out of place. Anyway, when the race started my nervous left and we made great time! I still can't believe I ran this 5k last year at 20 weeks pregnant pushing a 40 lb stroller with Allie! WOW! I have come far in such a short period of time. I had a hard time even running 1 mile of it last year, and now I ran the entire 3.1 miles in 29 minutes! Pretty proud of that!
What a great way to start off the weekend. The parade started right after the run and went for 2 hours! No kidding! But, Allie had a ton of fun, catching all the candy that was given out. We spent last night at Tim's parents house in celebration for Tim's dads birthday. We had a BBQ and then went back to the park to watch the amazing firework show! Seriously, the best show in the State for fireworks!! What a great way to start off the 4th of July!!
1 comment:
what a wonderful weekend! You are amazing with your running! Keep it up!
Post a Comment