Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Allie's eating??

Allie had her 4 month check up last week. She now weighs 13 lbs! Her weight has dropped quite bit in the last few months because she has no desire to eat! My poor little girl! I told her doctor that she continued to still scream when I tried to feed her a bottle even after she has been on previcid for a month. I have been so frustrated with it! I hate to see her cry every time I tried to feed her! Her doctor advised that she maybe allergic to milk and to try her on soy milk. Well, I guess that would make sense! When I was a baby I had to placed on soy as well. Like Mother like Daughter! We have now since put her on soy and she seems to a little better..I think I need to give it a few more days to let her body get used to it. I sure hope this will do the trick!!

Her doctor wanted to wait to put her on solids since she was not eating her bottle very well. But, I thought I would have her give it just a little try to see how she would respond with rice cereal and her formula! And Ta Da!!!
I love that she is just wanting to grab the whole bowl and eat it:) That is not something I've never seen her do, since she has not had any desire to eat!!



3 comments:

Matt and Julie's Family Page said...

Oh my goodness... 4 months old, all grown up and eating! How cute is she?

Kaeloni said...

Glad to know she's eating! It's been so fun to read about stuff going on with your family!

Stacie said...

Oh man, I bet that's fun to see her eat again. Why is there SO much pleasure in seeing babies eat? I love it!