It's been a rough few months with me being pregnant. I seem to be sick all day long. I try to still make it a point to plan family things. It's been challenging to try to pull myself out of bed but I must admit I feel like I'm not always a participator just an observer when it comes to some of the activities we have done the last few months.
I decided that I would force myself out of bed and started back at the gym each morning. I haven't felt well enough to exercise. However,I figured the best way to get myself to do it was to sign up for a 5k. My friend, Stacie has always been one to run races and thought she would enjoy running a 5 or 10k with me. We signed up for the running scared 5K. It was a family fun costume run.We wore super hero T-shirts and the kids loved playing on the bounce houses, eating cotton candy and getting their face painted.
I decided that I would force myself out of bed and started back at the gym each morning. I haven't felt well enough to exercise. However,I figured the best way to get myself to do it was to sign up for a 5k. My friend, Stacie has always been one to run races and thought she would enjoy running a 5 or 10k with me. We signed up for the running scared 5K. It was a family fun costume run.We wore super hero T-shirts and the kids loved playing on the bounce houses, eating cotton candy and getting their face painted.
Running a 5k was so easy for me prior to getting pregnant. I could run a 5k at 24 minutes. But for some reason, I was nervous. I figured I would be so slow, but thought completing a 5K at 16 weeks pregnant was still a great accomplishment.
Well,
The race didn't start until 10:30 and it was 75 degrees outside. Running in the heat always get me, and being 16 weeks pregnant didn't help. I struggled mentally wanting to stop and walk but I kept pushing myself to keep going. I seriously was shocked to see that I ran it in 34 minutes! It felt like a great accomplishment!
| Mason and Ozzie in costumes at the 5K |
| Allie eating her cotton candy with her butterfly painted face |
No comments:
Post a Comment