It's been a long winter. I'm looking forward to Spring. Lately, Tim and I have been able to go on some much needed date nights, which has been great! We went to see a few movies and go out to dinner. Which has been so fun! I love looking forward to alone time without the kids (once in a while). Since having kids, Tim and I have maybe, gone out kid less 3 times a year. But, recently we made it a goal to spend more time together without the kids. I have to admit, I have needed it. The past 6 months have been the hardest times, as a mom, in raising two toddlers 23 months a part. I love my kids with all my heart, and like most moms, it's so awarding but, yet so challenging at times. I continue to keep telling myself, that this stage in their life's won't last long and one day I'm going to look back and wish I had enjoyed these moments more. I know that to be true, but I admit, being in the moment..I forget that.
My little Mason, is a 2 1/2 year old handful. He is full of energy and has a zest for making messes and exploring the world. He is the same size as Allie, ( 32 lbs) who is almost 2 years older. He mimicks her. Mason is my negotiator, he begs to stay up past his bed time, by saying. "5 minutes." He carries his blankey around with him everywhere! He loves his blue and what, used to be white, blankey. He gets into everything! He loves to make messes. Loves to pull off all the books off the book shelve, pour the cereal out of the entire box, and get every toy out onto the floor. He is obsessed with trains, and cars! He cracks me up. I love to see his eyes light up when he does something one his own. He loves to say the prayer and brush his OWN teeth. He stands up to Allie, who at times, loves to boss him around. Then, we have my little Allie bug.
 |
| Mason holding a Basketball at the Jazz bear party |
 |
| Allie jumping on a tramp at the home show March 8th |
Allie is my little drama girl. She is at the stage in her life where everything she wears hurts her. She refuses to wear her size underwear She insists she needs to wear a size 6 underwear. It has been so frustrating to get her to wear anything. She would prefer to wear her pajama's everyday. Who can blame her, right? But, I have a daily struggle with her everyday to get dressed and get her hair done. I have turned into a evil mother, by losing my patience with fighting these two things everyday! She is my little sweet heart. She loves everything pink and yellow. She only wearing dresses and refuses to wear jeans! She is set in her ways and this has made my life challenging. I have to keep telling myself, it will only get harder with her, as a teenager!
Tim and I went to see Shrek the musical at the Capitol theater! That was a to of fun. We had a great time, and enjoyed going to dinner without having to wrestle the kids the entire time! I really do, love weekends, spending time with the three of them. But, there are times like these, when I look forward of just having sometime where I'm not a mom but a
wife....those times are far and less now, but I will soak up every second I can!!
 |
| Tim taking a picture of us ( cutting himself out) at Shrek |
We took the kids to see Disney on Ice this last weekend. Allie was gleaming ear to ear with joy as she watched the Rapunzel and the other princess's! She used her money that her grandpa Kehl gave her for Valentines to buy a Ariel necklace! She thought that was so awesome! She kept holding on to it the entire show, and has not taken it off since!
I feel so blessed to be the mom of these two wonderful kids. I'm grateful to have a great, supportive husband that helps, supports and loves me. He is patient, full of love and calms me when I can over react. I know that I will look back on this post in a few years, with tears in my eyes, wishing that life was this easy! It's my goal to try harder, be better and most importantly don't stress the small stuff. Life is too short.
 |
| Allie teaching Mason to sort colors by using colored M&M's |
 |
| Allie and Lindsay at Jungle Jim's in February 2013 |
 |
| Mason and Allie at a VIP Jazz Bear Party |
 |
| Me and the Kids at Dinner after the Disney on Ice show March 9,2013 |
 |
Tim and the kids heading into the Energy Solutions
to see Disney on Ice |
 |
| Me and the Kids at Disney on Ice March 9,2013 |
 |
| Disney on Ice |
 |
| Disney on Ice |
1 comment:
Love this post Linds! I miss you. We need to catch up!
Post a Comment