For the month of November, I decided to keep a gratitude journal for each
day of November. This gratitude journal is something I would like to have
written down for my children to read one day; so I thought I would post a few of the items on my blog, the ones that mean the most to me. (not in any certain order)
First, I’m grateful to be a stay at home mom. It’s been a great
blessing, being able to stay home with my two little ones, nurturing them,
watching them grow, and teaching them. I
am very grateful to Tim, who works so hard to be able to provide for us, so
that I can be home with them during the day.
I wouldn’t want anything different.
I’m grateful to be married to my best friend, Tim. He makes
me so happy. He is everything I have ever wanted in husband. He supports me,
comforts me, encourages me, and loves me unconditionally. Tim makes me what to
be a better person. He is a strong Priesthood leader, who honors and respects
his covenants. He is an amazing father,
and I love how much he teaches and plays with our two little ones. I’m so very lucky to be married to him!
I’m grateful for the scriptures, the Gospel and my Heavenly
Father! I have a testimony of this
gospel; I know that the Church is TRUE! I am so very grateful for the
scriptures, which provides me with strength, in times of distress, and acts as a shield in this world. I know through reading them I can receive answers to my prayers. I know my Heavenly Father hears and answers
prayers. He is my anchor, who leads and guides me. I testify that if I ask, He will Come!
I’m grateful for my family’s health. It was 4 years
ago (November 17,2008), two weeks before Allie was born, when Tim suffered from
a STROKE! I remember the night well. We were at the Bishop’s home, enjoying
brownies and peppermint ice-cream; when out of nowhere Tim’s fork fell down
onto the carpet. I looked over at him, and he did not look well. He was
flushed, and was unable to communicate. He would try to speak, but the words
were gibberish. I knew something was horribly wrong! At that moment, I didn’t realize it was a
Stroke, but I knew we needed to call 911.
There we were in the ambulance headed to the Hospital. I just remember
thinking he may not live to see his first little girl being born! What a
horrible thought. I was determined to be by his side no matter!! When Tim
was released from the hospital, I took time off work helping him relearn phonics,helping him with his spelling and his reading every day! He is an
incredible example to me. He is someone of great strength. I’m grateful to have two healthy kids, and to
have my health restored. It was 12 years
ago, when I was diagnosed with a life threatening disease. I never knew at that
time, if I would even have kids, or even live.
I’m so grateful for the health I have, and for being able to overcome
such a traumatic health trial.
I’m grateful to have such a wonderful Mom, Dad, and Mother
in Law/ Father in Law. They are amazing. My in laws and I are very close,and I'm so very grateful for that. They treat me like
their own daughter. I’m so grateful for the love and support they give me
and my family. The past few years, I have had the opportunity to take my mother
in law out for a day, shopping. I love
spending time with her. We enjoy a lot of the same things and it’s
been so fun getting together often. I love the time we spend together. I am grateful to live so close to Tim's parents and my parents. They are all so great grandparents to our kids. My kids
adore their papa’s and Grandma’s!
I’m grateful for running. I know that might be crazy! But, I
am. It’s my solitaire. I have found
myself once again through running every morning. I am so blessed that I have
been able to run 4 half marathon’s and one full marathon in just the 2 years
since I started my running addiction. I never would have imagined, I would
ever be able to run 13.1 miles, let alone 26.2! I’m grateful to have the
personality I have that never gives up, who is disciplined, and who always
reaches my goals. I'm grateful for
Tim. He supports me and encourages my running.
Many times during my races (during the
painful aches and blisters), I
think of Tim and my two kids waiting there for me at the finish line, and how
proud they are of me. That is what keeps me pushing. To do my best! I want to be an example to my kids!
I’m grateful for our wonderful house, running
hot water, and electricity that we have.
It breaks my heart to see countries, who have do not have the privilege of having such things. I feel so blessed to live in America. I spent a semester abroad in Jerusalem, Israel in 1999. I have seen what it is like in a 3rd world Country and it's not good! I'm very grateful for modern technology, for our clean environment, and living conditions.
No comments:
Post a Comment